Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Day 10, 11, 12 ,13...and some weekend stuff

Day 10 - We went to the Library and ran some errands.
Rebecca was so alert when we started out, but tuckered out before we got to Costco.
I didn't want to wake the poor girl, but I really needed some groceries.

She did not want to wake up so I laid her in the cart. She is so cute. I couldn't believe she stayed asleep, even while taking the cart through the bumpy parking lot. That night we had Spencer babysit, and Shawn and I went to a movie. We saw the Proposal with Sandra Bullock. We both liked it. It was a Romantic Comedy. I think thats why Shawn liked it, the comedy part. It was also Street Wheelers. Mayor Magrath was pretty busy even though they don't block that off,
but we saw this guy on this bike on our way home.

Craziness.



On Saturday we took Emily's training wheels off.

No success, but we'll try again. I know mine and Shawn's backs are pretty sore from bending over. That afternoon we had some friends come and play on this really cool water slide blow up thing. The girls could have played for hours.



Day 11 - The girls slept over at Grandma's on Sunday night so it was pretty quiet Monday morning. I was able to go for a bike ride, no kids. Kind of fun. The girls went to the dollar store, and came home just before lunch. That afternoon we got thunderstorms. It would not stop pouring. We had Dinner/FHE at Ryan's and Alisha's that night. Alisha made a delicious lasagna. The girls ate every last bite. Even Julia.

Day 12 - Today it rained all day. It felt like it would never stop. We hung out in our PJ's and watched movies. You have to do that every once in awhile. We did finally get dressed, the sun broke through the clouds and we ventured out to the fabric store. Emily picked out some fabric, and we are going to make a skirt together.

The day before when I went to the store and I had gotten some pajamas for Julia. I didn't have time to find any for Emily and she is at this weird stage/size. To big for a 6 to small for a 7. So it's hit and miss when it comes to finding clothes for her. I told her I would take her out. Kind of a Mommy Daughter date, and we would pick out some PJ's. Okay 2 stores and an hour and a half later we FINALLY found some.


She is very happy with her choice!

Day 13 - Today was a blast. The sun is finally out and it actually feels like summer.
We had some friends over this afternoon to do some Tie Dying.

We went to Fabricland and picked out some dye.


Emily and Julia helped label the buckets, while I boiled water,
and got things together.

We wet our shirts and started wrapping rubber bands around them.


Then we got down to the fun part. We got to Dye them.

It was great to see all the kids little personalities come out.


Their color choices and even their patience. It was so much fun.

I couldn't believe how Julia just got right in there.

And even Emily warmed up to the idea and was having fun.

I am so grateful to have such awesome friends, and for their great kids too.

Here is a picture of Julia and her shirt.
I think they all did a great job.

Just a side note here, I got the e-mail today for my favorite things swap.
I have my new friend, I can't wait to send her an e-mail and my 3 favorite things.
I have already done some spying on her blog...

4 comments:

Karyn said...

I see we both were a few days behind on our blogs. Thanks again for having us over to do tie dying, It was a lot of fun.

ABDO said...

thanks for letting me bring the boys. they love their creations.they kinda feel like we're crashing a girls party...but we get over it pretty quickly when there is SO MUCH FUN to be had. The park was great today, I hope you're getting a nap while the girls are at their party.

The Webbs said...

Why is Julia pretty much naked??? haha thats so her! cute!!! Emilys new hair looks cute too!

Antonia said...

Yep Julia is naked. We stripped down some of the young ones so they wouldn't get dye on their clothes. And you know Julia. She totally would have had dye all over her. LOL